Serenity Central Hypnotherapy
Can I Get Stuck In Hypnosis?
- No! At the end of each session, you are brought out of trance by the hypnotherapist.
- If for any reason the therapist did not do this, then you would simply come round by yourself whenever you were ready to.
- It's similar to being asleep - even if the alarm clock does not wake you up, you still wake up
You Are Unconscious or Asleep When Hypnotised!
- Not true, though it is possible that you will feel physically and mentally relaxed, you are also aware of everything that is happening to you and said to you.
- You will be able move if you want to, although you'll probable feel far too relaxed to want to bother.
- And you can talk whilst in trance too - but don't worry, you can't be made to say anything against your will, and you can even tell lies whilst in trance if you want to. Your secrets are intact!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Hypnotist is the one in Control!
- No, in fact you are in control the whole time, and the hypnotherapist is merely there to help you achieve your goals by making positive suggestions.
- No matter what the media likes to portray, it is not possible to be made to do anything that goes against your own desires or values.
- Stage hypnotism also portrays a false image of hypnotherapy, as those taking part appear to be under the hypnotist's control. However, it should be remembered that people who take part in such shows are there because they want to be, and are happy to go along with the hypnotist's suggestions. It's only entertainment.
- Hypnotherapy, on the other hand, is entirely therapeutic. The aim is to help clients achieve their goals and to make their life more enjoyable.
Can Anybody Be Hypnotised?
- Most people can be hypnotised, if they are willing, but nobody can be hypnotised against their will.
- Nor does it show that a person is weak minded if they are hypnotised, it only indicates their willingness to participate in the process of hypnosis.
I'm Still Not Sure!
- Ask for an initial consultation to discuss your issues further. No trance work will take place at the initial consultation, or at any time in the future, unless you are happy to proceed.
- The aim of an initial consultation is to allow you to discuss your issues in an entirely confidential environment and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about hypnotherapy before committing yourself.
- There is absolutely no obligation to book any further sessions.
Contact me on: 07725 032 281 or email@example.com
What Does Being In A Trance Feel Like?
- It varies from person to person.
- Some people feel very little different from normal, and may even find it hard to believe that they have been hypnotised. Others, as mentioned above, feel very relaxed, and may find that they feel either heavy or light, or that parts of their body have faded away. Some may experience a lovely 'floaty' feeling, or ‘see’ colours / images.
- It's as individual as each person.